Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life at Omega

I've been thinking that some of you may be interested in what life is like here at Omega. I'm in my 4th week here and am finding a much more balanced life than last year. Last year I was so surprised and excited about the many classes that were available to staff, that I went to as many as I could. Consequently, I didn't have a lot of quiet time. This year I am only picking a few classes each week and spending much more time reading in a hammock by the lake. Delightful! Last night after dinner I was reading in a hammock and someone in a hammock near me began playing the guitar - how lovely was that! Each year at this time in the summer, we have a trapeze/circus artist here and the guests come to take his workshop during arts week. Then they put on a circus/trapeze show for the entire staff & guests. It is fabulous and amazing to see how quickly the participants learn. I'm trying to get up my courage to give it a try. We'll see. As many of you know, I am a big fan of Brian Weiss (author of Many Lives, Many Masters) and attended his workshop last year. Well, I'm doing it again and it begins this Friday. I'm curious to see how different the experience will be this time. My Life Skills Workshop this session is Yoga from the inside out and we meet twice a week for two hours each. It's a good workshop and my body needs it. Being here has exposed me to so many different types of yoga and I truly appreciate that. Finally, in closing I want to share a quote I heard from Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan (he was the one who had the original vision for Omega). "If you only knew what the potentials in your being are, you would realize that it is your ignorance of those potentials that limit you."

No comments:

Post a Comment