Saturday, September 1, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon!

Sorry for the long delay in my updates.  Life has a funny way of catching us unaware.  I was on a good exercise program here with my long walks around the lake and climbing all the hills, plus yoga & strength training down by the lake.  It really felt good and I was glad to have finally worked off all the bread, cheese & wine that I consumed in France.  One moment I was reading & relaxing in a hammock down by the lake and the next moment I was crashing to the ground.  I'm fine with the exception of a bone fracture in my foot, which has prevented me from continuing my fitness program.  Life is full of surprises!  It has taught me to enjoy the downtime while icing my foot.  Also, how to accept the kindness of my fellow "Omegans".


It is such a delight to be here in this third work period (August 13-October 7).  The workshops are quite different with the Ecstatic Chant weekend and then Adyashanti's 7-night silent retreat among many others.  I'm loving the changing weather with the cooler nights & lovely sunny warm days.  As always, I continue to learn more about things I had never heard of before finding Omega.  Went to my first Kirtan, which is a musical chant that we can participate in or not.  We had a week long workshop with Bobby McFerrin of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" fame.  The participants who came for this workshop were some of the most delightful that I have had the pleasure of meeting.  I hope to someday attend this workshop.  They did a concert for the whole campus and we were all thrilled to be there.


On my day off the end of August I went into NYC with my friend, Judy.  She had never been there so it was fun for me to play tour guide.  We took the metro into Grand Central and then explored Chelsea, Greenwich Village, & South Street Seaport before stopping at Fraunces' Tavern for a cocktail.  Then to Oyster Bar for some clam chowder before catching the train back.  It was a fun-packed day and we can't wait to go again.  Next time we will explore the more northern neighborhoods.


Kim & John finally found time to come for a visit and that was wonderful and relaxing for all.  I was even able to get a cabin for them so they didn't have the "tent" experience.  Our weather was perfect and the moon was almost full by the time they left.  Speaking of this 8/31 full moon - I'm sure you all know this was a Blue Moon!  (Two full moons in the same month)  August was the only month this occurred in 2012 and it won't happen again until 2015!




No comments:

Post a Comment